Thursday, June 14, 2012

The meeting of the in-laws

I remember very clearly how nervous I was when I met Gadget's parents for the first time. I didn't need to be, as they're lovely, but I was. I'm not sure if the nerves will be the same for the next meeting - my parents are arranging to meet them.

I think I'll still be the most nervous person, but it would be interesting to know how our parents view this meeting. Especially as they're planning to do it whilst we're in NZ, so we won't even get to moderate it. The date is provisionally set for next Sunday, with location still to be decided. They were going to play golf, but it seems this has been postponed for now.

I'm sure they'll get on just fine, but I guess it's quite important that they do. Hopefully they will meet again on many future occasions, and they may even spend Christmas together at some point. It must be slightly strange for them, as they are being asked to spend time with people that they didn't choose to be friends with. I know you can't choose your family (including your in-laws), but at least Gadget and I got to meet our future in-laws before we decided to give them that official role. The parents are now stuck with being "co-in-laws" whether they like each other or not! Wish me (and them) luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment