Thursday, July 5, 2012

Outfits for the men

As I've spent the last three posts talking about my outfit, I thought it was time to turn the tables. Hope everyone had a good 4th of July? I love fireworks!

Gagdet's suit should be ready today - I'm really excited to see it, I have high hopes for him looking fab on the big day. He still needs a shirt and tie, and has decided to wear a waistcoat (so that he stands out from the other men). I can't see how a "traditional wedding waistcoat" (the kind you'd hire with your suit) is going to go with his slim fit merino wool pinstriped suit, but he disagrees. He thinks a cream satin waistcoat will work, but grey or navy won't. Hopefully once we have the suit it will be easier to work out what looks best!

We're asking the men in the wedding party (the dads and Gadget's brother/best man) to wear their own grey or black suit. We haven't decided what to do about shirts yet, but we'll be supplying ties and pocket squares for them all. It's proving tricky to find blue and purple ties, but we're working on that one!

This is the kind of thing I have in mind for the end result:
Image from Green Wedding Shoes
Gadget's suit is slightly darker than this, so we may need to go with a light coloured waistcoat, but the array of purple ties is fab!


No comments:

Post a Comment