Monday, May 14, 2012

A logical attack on the honeymoon

Having read my previous honeymoon post, my dad suggested I should get a map of the world and cross out everything I'd mentioned - literally. Sometimes looking at things really helps.

Blue - countries we've been to.
Grey - countries that are too big/have too much to see in two weeks.
Red - countries listed by the FCO as unsafe.
Yellow - too honeymoon-ey, or too many other people have been.
White - includes places I'm not really interested in visiting (such as Albania), and places that won't work for our honeymoon (such as Bhutan, where you have to do an organised trip, and the pacific islands, which we'll have just left).

Green - the exciting bit - possibilities! Dad was right - I came up with some new thoughts by doing this. Anyone know anything about Guyana or Sao Tome and Principe?

1 comment:

Ainhoa @ALittleBite said...

That's awesome! We considered several possibilities too – Australia/New Zealand, South Africa, Hawaii, and a US West Coast Road trip. In the end, since I have a work conference to attend in Dallas the week after the wedding, we're going with the road trip option. Hopefully we'll be able to visit Australia/NZ and South Africa some other time!

Post a Comment