Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rocking our weddings


Each day I read Rock my wedding I'm getting more impressed with it. Their motto is 'your day, your way,' but on first glance it looks like a pretty blog. I'm discovering it's so much more than that. 
I've just read founder Charlotte's account of her own wedding day, which was gorgeous and detail rich, but has this summary:
As you will know from my original blog not everything goes without a hitch and there are little things that will make you go “ Darn it if only I’d done such and such” – because that is just human nature I’m afraid.
But in the grand scheme of things nothing really matters apart from you making your day to be exactly how you and your future husband want it.
No Rules. No Restrictions. No listening to those who want to give anything other than positive advice.
How awesome is that?
And how relevant. I am already fed up of people telling me what I can and can't do. From the dress shop assistants (you have to have a formal dress for a church and manor house), to well meaning friends and family (surely all your dad has to do is turn up at the hire place and be measured?), it starts to really grate after a while. I dread to think how annoyed I'll be in April! Judging by Rogue Bride's most recent post, the answer is somewhere off the scale.
This is OUR wedding. We will do WHAT WE WANT. If other people don't like it, they have two choices. Shut up or leave!




No comments:

Post a Comment