Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stuff I don't need

In a tribute to Rogue Bride, who sent me a great email as she describes in this post, I've written my own list of things I don't need at the wedding.

  1. Favours. Previously discussed, 'nuff said.
  2. Chair covers. In the US they don't seem to have these, their equivalent is Chiavari chairs to rent. I don't understand either. Chairs are things to sit on. 
  3. Multi-piece invitations. You won't be getting directions with your invite, or an RSVP card. It's on the wedsite, work it out.
  4. Ring pillow. It's the best man's job to carry the ring. He has pockets.
  5. Receiving line. Yes, you need to talk to all your guests. But not as they shuffle past you on their way in to the reception room.
  6. Exact colour coordination. Is anyone going to notice if my dad's tie doesn't exactly match the bridesmaids dress or the invites?
  7. A handbag. It's not like I'm going to carry it, so I may as well just give my lippy to my mum.
  8. Perfection. Nothing is perfect. Our relationship isn't, and our wedding won't be. It's the imperfections that make us who we are, and our wedding will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment